We work in partnership with people with a learning disability, and all our services support people to live life as they choose.
Our work includes:
- providing high-quality, flexible services that allow people to live as independently as possible in a place they choose
- providing advice through our helplines and websites
- campaigning for the changes that people with a learning disability want.
We do so many different things. For example:
- We support people with a learning disability to get a job or take a college course, or we can help them find a place of their own to live in.
- We offer advice about things like respite care, individual budgets or transport services.
- We run residential/day care services and leisure groups that are so important to so many people with a learning disability, and their families and supporters.
- We support people with a learning disability to be part of their local communities.
- We lobby the government to change laws so that more and more people with a learning disability can have control over their own lives.